Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How do you unambiguous a suitcase on a Think Pad knees top to try and fix the monitor switch?

I hold an older IBM judge pad, and it seem that the little switch that turns the monitor on isn't working, thought I'd try to maybe look and see if I can do something to fix it but can't integer how to get to it, even sfter taking out adjectives the screws I could find. And can an external monitor be hooked up to it contained by just surrounded by case. I believe its a Pentium 3.


Answer:

That little switch you are chitchat about does not turn the monitor on. All it does is tell the computer if the lid of the laptop is open or closed.



If you are not getting any video on the monitor, I can almost guarantee you it is not because of that switch.



Most promising you have some other issue cause the problem. It could be any number of things.



Try the monitor externally, if you are able to use the computer beside the external monitor you can isolate the issue to the video adapter, Panel Inverter, Ribbon cable or the back muted.



From there, you will probably want to gain a professional to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment